This yummy Yogurt Parfait is the perfect morning treat! It's super quick and easy to make, and features layers of fresh fruit, creamy yogurt, and crunchy granola. So delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is it just me, or is it easier to wake up when you know there'll be a tasty breakfast waiting? Something to look forward to, I guess ... ha!
I tend to make the same breakfast over and over again. Every once in a while though, I like to change things up. And when I do, I loooove a layered Yogurt Parfait.
You are going to love this easy breakfast recipe, too! This layered breakfast is the perfect combination of crunchy, creamy, and fruity, and it's so quick and easy to make. Basically, this is the perfect way to start the day ... and it's easy wonderful for quick weekday meals as it is for lazy brunches!
Ready to dig in? Keep reading for all the delicious details!
This easy recipe uses simple, healthy, and delicious ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- Yogurt - Greek Yogurt, which is super thick and creamy, works great for parfaits. I prefer to use plain yogurt and sweeten it myself (that way you can control exactly what goes in it), however vanilla yogurt works well for this recipe, too.
- Maple Syrup - You'll use maple syrup to sweeten the yogurt. Honey can also be used.
- Vanilla - A little vanilla extract adds a wonderful flavor to the yogurt mixture.
- Fruit - I used a combo of fresh strawberries and blueberries for this recipe, but other fruits can be substituted.
- Granola - I developed this recipe using my easy Homemade Granola ... it's so delicious and easy to make! Store bought granola works too though.
Do you eat a Vegan or Gluten-Free diet? This recipe is easy to make vegan (and dairy free), simply by using vegan Greek yogurt and granola. You can also make the recipe gluten free, by choosing gluten free yogurt and granola.
You'll Also Need
You'll need a small bowl to make the yogurt mixture, as well as something to serve the parfaits in. Mason jars, bowls, and drinking glasses all work great.I used stemless wine glasses, but a regular glass works just as well.
How to Make a Yogurt Parfait
This Fruit Parfait is so quick and easy to make! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Make the granola. If you're using my granola recipe, prepare it first so it has a chance to cool. This can be made in advance.
- Mix yogurt. Next, stir together the greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Tip: Taste the yogurt and add a little extra maple syrup if you'd prefer it sweeter.
- Layer the ingredients. Place ¼ cup of yogurt in the bottom of each glass, followed by ¼ cup granola, then ¼ cup berries (spread them out so they touch the glass ... this makes the layers more visible). Then repeat these layers one more time. Tip: If you're wondering how to layer a parfait, check out the step by step photos below!
And that's all there is to it ... your scrumptious Yogurt Parfaits are ready to eat! These delicious parfaits make a wonderful weekday breakfast. They're perfect for serving a crowd, too. Lazy brunch anyone?
Tip: For maximum crunch, make sure to assemble the parfaits as close to serving time as possible.
This Breakfast Parfait recipe is super easy to customize! Try one of these easy ideas:
- Fruit - Feel free to substitute different fruits for the strawberries and blueberries, such as fresh peaches, raspberries, blackberries, mango, and more. Dried fruit and fruit sauces, like this Mixed Berry Compote, Strawberry Compote, or this Blueberry Compote, may also be used.
- Granola - Use my easy Granola recipe (it's so tasty!) or swap in your favorite granola.
- Yogurt - Substitute vanilla yogurt or even flavored yogurt instead of the plain Greek yogurt called for in this recipe.
Tip: You can also play around with quantities of yogurt, fruit, and granola. Prefer a creamier parfait? Add more yogurt or use less granola. Love fruit? Use more berries.
If you enjoyed this Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, then you'll like these breakfast recipes, too:
- Mango Parfait
- Tropical Breakfast Parfait
- Breakfast Popsicles
- Baked Oatmeal
- How to Make Overnight Oats
- Cheese and Egg Sandwich
- Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
- Potato and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups granola (Try my Homemade Granola)
- Mix together yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Combine strawberries and blueberries in a small bowl.
- Place ¼ cup yogurt in a clear glass. Top with ¼ cup granola, and then, ¼ cup berries.
- Repeat layers one more time.
- Serve parfaits immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!