Start planning the perfect picnic with these easy Vegetarian Picnic Recipes!
This post contains affiliate links.
Today is the first Monday of May, and that means it’s time for another edition of my monthly series, Motivation Monday.
For me, healthy living is all about motivation. It’s about finding the motivation to skip a second helping, go for a walk, or cook instead of ordering takeout . Each Motivation Monday features easy tips and a healthy recipe.
Last month was my fourth Motivation Monday, and I revisited my goals from the previous three months. I'm still having sleep issues, so I'll continue working on that, but otherwise, I'm doing well with my other goals.
For May, my goal is to spend as much time enjoying the outdoors as possible. And what better way to enjoy the outdoors than a picnic?
It isn't a picnic without delicious food, so I'm also sharing a few of my favorite vegetarian picnic recipes!
I've been feeling cooped up the last month or so, and now that the weather is finally nice, I'm planning to get outside as much as possible.
Here are my tips for enjoying the outdoors:
- Schedule your workouts outside. At this time of year, I enjoy exercising outside whenever possible. I love taking walks in Riverside Park or around the Central Park Reservoir. It leaves me feeling energized physically and mentally.
- Coat yourself in sunblock. I'm kind of a sunblock fanatic, and I'd rather get my glow from bronzer and self-tanner, than risk wrinkles or worse. Neutrogrena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen is my favorite. It's super light and perfect for oily skin. I also switch to Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 at this time of year, and apply it to my arms and legs every day. That way if I'm caught outside unprepared, I'm covered (literally!).
- Explore a new neighborhood. One of my favorite ways to spend a beautiful day is walking around a new (to me) part of the city. New York is huge, so there's definitely a lot to see, but most towns have their own hidden charms. Just pick a neighborhood and spend your day exploring its streets, trying new restaurants or markets, and window shopping.
- Dress the part. The weather can change quickly at this time of year, so make sure to layer. I like to start with jeans and a tee or a casual dress and then add a light sweater, scarf, and jacket. That way I can add or subtract layers as the temperature rises and falls. It never hurts to pack an umbrella either!
- Eat alfresco. I love eating as many meals outside as possible, and you don't need a porch or deck to do it. Pretty much any meal can be eaten alfresco, so why not head to the park for your next one? Just pack everything up and go. If you're looking for a basket, you can find tons of cute picnic baskets here!
Speaking of picnics, my husband and I enjoyed one in Central Park this past weekend!
Easy Vegetarian Picnic Menu
What's a picnic without some delicious food? I served some of my favorite vegetarian picnic recipes:
- Check out this Easy Picnic Ideas post for my favorite Caprese Sandwich recipe. It's basically a caprese salad in sandwich form, and it's so good!
- For a really unique dish, try my Watermelon-Basil Quinoa Salad. I know watermelon in a savory salad sounds a little strange, but I promise that it tastes amazing.
- Wash everything down with my Strawberry Lemonade. You have to try this recipe! It's the perfect balance of tart lemons and sweet strawberries, and it's really easy to make. Pour the lemonade into mason jars with lids before leaving home and add fun paper straws when you get to your destination.
Looking for more Vegetarian Picnic Recipes?
Here are some easy picnic recipes you'll love!
- Vegetarian Muffaletta Sandwich
- Brie and Apple Sandwich
- Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Tomato Avocado Sandwich
- Spicy Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- Tropical Rice Salad
- Kale Pasta Salad
- Lemony Chickpea Salad
- Greek Coleslaw with Feta and Lemon
- Tex Mex Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Mint Peach Green Tea Cooler
- Iced Green Tea with Coconut Water
- Ginger Melon Green Tea
- Spiked Raspberry Lemonade
- Lemonade Shandy
- Strawberry Mint Gin and Tonic
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Honey Cookies
- Mini Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Parfaits
- Mom's Mini Cherry Tarts
We had our picnic in Central Park. It's full of beautiful flowers at this time of year, so we had to take a few photos. Just ignore my crazy hair; it was like that in every shot!
Joel even got in on action. I must have said something funny!
It was a great day, and I'm hoping there will be a lot more like it this month!
Loved this Motivation Monday post?
If you enjoyed these easy tips for eating and living healthier, make sure to check out all of my Motivation Monday posts!
- Spicy Chili Pepper Edamame + Healthy Snack Ideas
- Berry Green Smoothie + Tips for Creating an Exercise Routine
- Easy Asian Dumpling Soup + Tips for Getting Better Sleep
- Mango Parfait + Revisiting Goals
- Greek Quinoa Salad + Tips for Losing Weight
- Chinese Chopped Salad + Tips for Getting Back on Track
Do you have any goals this month?