Need a little inspiration for the new year? Check out my top 10 new posts from 2020 (plus, my top 20 posts overall)!
You're going to love these creative ideas, and there's definitely something for everyone .... from recipes to healthy lifestyle ideas and so much more!
Wow, 2020 was a doozy, wasn't she? It would be hard to repeat that one, not that you'd want to anyway.
A little reflection at the end of a year is always a positive thing though, whether it was a good one or bad. And one of the ways I like doing that, is by looking back at all the posts I wrote. It's always fun to see which ones resonated with you most.
This year's top 10 list feels very 2020 ... I definitely hit on many of the year's trends! Sometimes inadvertently—who knew banana bread would blow up?—and sometimes a little more purposely—we all had to try Dalgona Coffee, right? Ha!
Ready to get inspired for yourself? Check out my top 10 new posts from 2020, plus a roundup of the top 20 posts overall ... it always takes new posts a little while to catch on, so both lists are different!
Top 10 Posts of 2020
It was kind of funny to see how the posts in this list reflected the crazy times we are living in. Lots of ideas for staying home, easy, yet delicious meals, and more. And these ideas can simplify your life in 2021, too!
10. Pantry Staples Checklist
See what I mean? 2020 was the year that stocking your pantry became super important. And this Pantry Staples Checklist will make throwing together a quick, delicious meal easier than ever ... for years to come!
9. 130 Things to Do at Home
Looking for fun or relaxing home activities? This mega list of 130 Things to Do at Home has you covered ... and there's something here for everyone!
8. 30 Minute Vegetarian Meals
Need to get dinner on the table fast? You'll find tons of easy ideas in this roundup of 30 Minute Vegetarian Meals!
7. 50 Easy Pantry Recipes
Back to the pantry! Each of these Easy Pantry Recipes can be made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your cupboards.
6. Blueberry Banana Bread
This Blueberry Banana Bread is a favorite around here, and I know you're going to love it, too! It's buttery, full of fresh berries, and super moist ... not to mention, the perfect way to use up overripe bananas!
5. 15 Bean Soup
This cozy, comforting 15 Bean Soup is healthy and delicious! If you're a bean lover, bookmark it to make on a cold winter day.
4. Dalgona Coffee
Sometimes trendy recipes are actually pretty tasty, and this Dalgona Coffee is one of them. If you're a coffee lover, then you have to try this unique, potent drink!
3. Southwest Pasta Salad
Mmm ... this Southwest Pasta Salad is full of flavor, tons of veggies, and a unique pesto dressing. You're going to love it, and you don't need to save it for summer!
2. 2020 Oscar Ballot
I create a free printable Oscar Ballot every year, and it's always super popular. This year, the Academy Awards aren't being held until the end of April, but keep an eye out for it if you're a movie lover!
1. How to Create a Night Routine
2020 was definitely a stressful year with lots of sleep struggles ... I'm right there with you! Maybe that was why this article about How to Create a Night Routine (which is full of easy tips) resonated with everyone so much. Here's to sweeter dreams ahead!
Top 20 Posts Overall
Most visitors first arrive at Hello Little Home via Google and Pinterest, and it can take a while for posts to catch with both of these search engines (don't get me started talking about SEO!). So, my top posts each year are usually recipe and ideas that were published in previous years.
The 20 posts below were the most popular overall in 2020, and all of them (except How to Create a Night Routine, which I've already included above) were older posts ... that's just how it goes! These fun ideas have stood the text of time (many have been reader faves for years at this point). Check them out, and maybe you'll find something new to try!
20. How to Create Your Own Coloring Pages - If you already love coloring, why not try making your own coloring sheets? This fun post breaks down a few easy methods.
19. Greek Veggie Burgers - Mmm, these yummy veggie burgers are delish, especially if you love Greek-inspired flavors!
18. Tomato, Feta, and Basil Pie - This recipe is an oldie, but goodie! Bookmark it for summer when you have lots of garden fresh tomatoes on hand.
17. Things to Do in Uptown Charlotte - The traffic to most of my travel posts has slowed way down this year (understandably), but apparently people are still exploring Charlotte. Save this post for a future trip!
16. Birthday Cake Pops - These cute cake pops with sprinkles are so easy to make and super festive ... perfect for a birthday party or a scrumptious treat anytime.
15. Australian Iced Coffee - Have you heard of Australian iced coffee? It's basically cold coffee with ice cream, and you have to try it if you're a coffee lover!
14. Mushroom Ricotta Open Faced Sandwich - This mouthwatering recipe is another oldie that's stood the test of time, and once you take a bite, you'll see why ... total comfort food!
13. Korean BBQ Tofu Sliders - If you're afraid to try tofu, or you're not sure how to cook it, this recipe is for you! It is bursting with delicious Korean-inspired flavors and so easy to make.
12. Green Pizza - I first shared this popular recipe all the way back in 2014, and it's still a hit. If you haven't tried it yet, put it on your meal plan for the week!
11. Danish Puff (Almond Kringle) - This recipe was one of my mom's favorite desserts. Super scrumptious and easy to make, too!
10. Mini Cherry Tarts - Another family favorite! These petite tarts are cute, delicious, and super simple to prepare.
9. Easy Beergaritas - As far as I'm concerned, everyone needs a Beergarita recipe ... and apparently, you all agree! This recipe couldn't be easier, and it's perfect for lazy weekends and parties (hopefully, we can start having those again in 2021!).
8. Mixed Berry Mini Trifles - This recipe was one of my first (published all the way back in 2013!), and it's always a hit around patriotic summer holidays. Don't let that stop you from trying them anytime of year though. Delish!
7. How to Roast Vegetables - Learn how to roast any vegetable with this easy, foolproof recipe. Plus, you'll find tons of easy recipe using these wonderful roasted veggies ... everything from soup to main dishes and more!
6. Birthday Cake Alternatives - Planning a special birthday, but don't want to serve cake? Check out this roundup for over 70 irresistible cake alternatives!
5. Coffee Cake Muffins - These muffins are simple, but packed with tons of flavor. Make a batch for your next weekend breakfast or brunch.
4. DIY Yard Games - Spending extra time in your backyard (or neighborhood park) these days? This fun list has a bunch of fun yard games for you to make. Plus, lots of games you can buy just in case you don't want to DIY!
3. Dirty Chai Latte - Love chai, but want the boost of caffeine from a cup of coffee? Then, this delicious spiced coffee / tea drink is the recipe for you!
2. Vegetable Barley Soup - This flavorful soup is total comfort food ... that's actually healthy, too! Super cozy, delicious, packed with veggies. Give it a try this week!
1. Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea - This yummy drink is simple and oh so cozy ... perfect for a lazy winter day! It's been one of my most popular recipes for years now, and I just know you going to love it, too.
Well, that about wraps things up. I hope you found a few new things to try in the upcoming year.
Have you tried any of these recipes, travel tips, or ideas? Leave a comment below to let me know if you have any favorites, and if there's anything you'd like to see more of (or less of, ha) in 2021!