It was such a cool experience! They’ve been shooting all week, and on the day I was there they were doing still shots with a model. I got a chance to see how they select photos, check out the amazing wardrobe, meet everyone on the team, and take home some samples (yay!).
I also had my makeup done by the extremely talented makeup artist on the shoot, which was really fun. She also does the makeup for Beyonce’s back up dancers, and the look she created for the model was seriously stunning (can’t wait to see it in the magazine).
She gave me some great tips that I can’t wait to try out. Here’s the look she created for me:
Don’t I look tan? Here’s what she used: CC Cream in Very Light (it looks so natural); Concealer (not sure what the color was); Mineral Cheek Color in Shy; True Dimension Lipstick in Color Me Coral (love this!); and Mineral Powder Foundation in Beige 1.
She applied the Mineral Powder Foundation last, and that’s what gave me the gorgeous tan. What do you think? I loved it! I can’t wait to try out some of the other makeup I received.
I’m sharing some more behind-the-scenes pics in between my favorite links from the week!
This was the studio set up. There was an area for photos to the left (you can see a bit of the backdrop on the floor) and one to the right, too. They are reviewing photos of the model on the computer.
This Carrot Cake Swirled Cheesecake from Frugal Foodie Mama combines two of my dessert favorites. I don’t think I could stop at one piece.
It’s almost picnic season (how much more snow can we get?). When it finally arrives, dress up your table with these cute Picnic Place Settings from Sweet Paul.
These Chocolate Caramel Surprise Cupcakes from A Dash of Sanity look so good!
Personalize your home with these awesome Restoration Hardware Knockoff Vintage Industrial Letters from blue i style.
Creme de la Crumb shared a Cheesy Spinach Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Panini recipe. You need to see the pictures … yum!
I love this Side-Braid Ponytail that Momtrends created for her stylish workout look. Super cute!
Animal prints are part of my everyday wardrobe. (I’m on my second pair of these inexpensive flats.) If this style staple makes you nervous, don’t miss this post from Putting Me Together: Beginner’s Guide: Animal Print in Small Doses.
Learn how to make Restaurant Style Salsa from Joyful Healthy Eats.
Save a few dollars on your weekend shopping with these deals (affiliate links):
- Nordstrom: receive a free gift with your $45 Estee Lauder purchase , plus shop beauty and fragrance picks for Mother’s Day.
- Target: buy 1 Carter’s item, get 1 50% off (valid through 4/19) AND save on select jewelry for spring (valid through 5/10).
- Kohl’s: take 15% off everything with code SUN15 or 20% off $100+ with code SUN20, plus get $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent (ends 4/20).
- The Limited: take 50% off all full priced items, plus get an extra 30% off markdowns (valid through 4/19).
- C. Wonder: get 25% off new arrivals (ends 4/21).
- Dorothy Perkins: take $10 off when you spend $60 with code TAKE10, take $20 off when you spend $100 with code TAKE20, or take $50 off when you spend $200 with code TAKE50 (valid through 4/23).
- Philosophy: take 30% off skincare with code apr14skin (valid 4/18 – 4/20).
- World Market: save 10% sitewide with code SAVEBIG10.
- NOVICA: save $15 off a $50 purchase with code MOMSDAY (valid through 5-7).
- Sur La Table: get free shipping on all order of $59+ with code SHIPFREE.
- Hancock Fabrics: shop the Easter Sale, plus get 25% off all regular price items with code AYTTF (valid through 4/22). Check out the Outdoor Decor Sales while you’re there, too!
Finally, wish your family a happy holiday with a decadent Easter Cake Cocktail from Shake, Bake, and Party in hand. Cheers to that!
Have a great weekend! Anything fun going on?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
I’m linking up with Style Elixir.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).